The following steps must be followed to submit a sealed bid for a property:
1. The bid must be submitted on an “Offer Form” obtained from the Property Management
office located at 104 SW 4th Avenue, Room 123, Albany, OR.
2. The form should already include the ACCOUNT NUMBER. If not, the ACCOUNT NUMBER
may be obtained from the Property Management office.
3. The bid amount must be for AT LEAST the minimum bid listed on the “Available for
Sealed Bid” page.
NOTE: Properties that are not required to be auctioned (such as small strips) may
not have a minimum bid amount. In these cases, you may bid any amount.
4. The bid form must be accompanied by a CASHIER’S CHECK made out to Linn County
or MONEY ORDER for at least 10% of the bid amount. If you are not a successful bidder,
the money will be returned to you after the bid is opened.
5. The bid must be submitted in a sealed envelope. The outside of the envelope
must indicate it is SEALED BID and include the ACCOUNT NUMBER of the property being
6. Bids must be sent to the Property Management office, PO Box 100, Albany, OR 97321.
See the Available for Sealed Bid page to see if there is a certain date the bid is
7. Once a bid is accepted by the Board of Commissioners, the deposit is non-refundable
should the bidder default on the offer to purchase.
8. Payment is due in full ten (10) business days following the date the bid is accepted
by the Board of Commissioners.
9. All properties are sold AS IS. No warranties or guarantees are made concerning
the condition of title, the ability to use a property for any particular purpose,
the ability to develop a property pursuant to State and local land use law, location
of boundary lines, environmental condition or any other matter concerning a property.
If there is more than one bid received on a property, it will go to the highest bidder;
however, the Linn County Board of Commissioners reserves the right to reject any
or all bids.
The successful bidder is also responsible for paying one hundred five ($105) dollars
for the first page and five ($5) dollars per page thereafter in recording fees for
the property deed.
If you have additional questions you can email us at LCproperty@co.linn.or.us.
Instructions to Bidders:
Properties that do not sell at a public auction may be sold by private sale. Properties
may also be sold by private sale if the real market value is less than $15,000 AND
the property is NOT buildable.
Offers for property available for private sale must be submitted on a sealed bid
form. You can obtain a form from our office. Offers are then presented to the Linn
County Board of Commissioners for their consideration.
The sealed bid process does not apply to industrial properties. For more information
on the offer process for industrial properties, please contact Property Management.
Real Market Value
Minimum Sealed Bid
Sealed Bid Due Date/Status
Properties Available for Sealed Bid Offers:
Updated: 5/31/2022 Click on a property below for more information, maps, photos, etc.
All properties listed are subject to all easements, liens, conditions and restrictions
of record. Linn County does not offer title insurance, and the County shall make
no warranties or guarantees regarding the title of the property offered for sale,
but shall only sell and convey such interest as the County acquired by foreclosure
or other means and holds at the time of sale. The County makes no warranty, express
or implied, as to the existence of legal access or the ability to acquire permits
for building, subsurface sewage, or any other development rights. You as a potential
bidder should thoroughly investigate all aspects of the property prior to bidding.
All properties are sold AS-IS.