Account Detail     Forms     Maps      Sale Data     Information


Manufactured Structures


Linn County is now contracted with Building Codes Division to process manufactured home transactions in MHODS. Please note we do have a new fee schedule as follows.

         Transaction fee - $80

         Moving fee - $25 (in addition to transaction fee)

         Trip Permits - $5/piece (in addition to transaction and moving fee)

         Exemption/Retitle - $125

Simply signing off on an ownership document or sales agreement does not transfer ownership.

To download forms from the internet, please access their website.

Records in the Assessorís office will be updated only after we receive notice from BCD that a transfer has been completed. Until the transfer is complete, our records will show the selling party as responsible for all property taxes.


Selling a Manufactured Home?

To complete the process, you will need to do the following:

1.     Pay all property taxes, interest and fees due. Prepays may be required on certain transactions. Proof of taxes will be required on all transactions and can be obtained here: Tax Certification

2.     Complete a Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes.

3.     Provide the current DMV title or BCD ownership document signed off by the seller(s) and any lien holder(s) if available.

4.     Come in to our office at the Linn County Courthouse, 300 4th Ave SW Rm 214, Albany or mail all forms with $80 payable to Linn County to:

Linn County Assessor

PO Box 100

Albany OR 97321

You may also contact us at (541) 967-3808 option 4 or


Moving a Manufactured Home?

First you will need to secure a placement permit from your local Planning Department to be sure that the manufactured structure may be sited at the new location. 

Taxes must be paid in full and prepayment of taxes may be required.

Submit the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes, Tax Certification, placement permit and payment for the $80 transaction fee, $25 moving fee and trip permit fee (each section requires a $5 trip permit), payable to the Linn County Assessors Office.

In October you will receive a tax bill from the county where the manufactured home was located as of Jan. 1 that year.


Demolishing a manufactured structure

When you demolish your manufactured home, you need toÖ

         Pay all property taxes, interest and fees currently due

         File a Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes form with the Assessorís office and submit the current title or ownership document. 

         A Linn County appraiser will verify the home no longer exists for the applicable tax year. We will notify BCD that the home has been demolished.