Facebook Icon

Untitled Document

If you're in crisis


Dee Baley-Hyder, Veterans Services Officer

Rob McKibben, Assistant Veterans Services Officer

330 3rd Avenue SW, Albany
Hours: 8:30 A.M. - NOON, 1:00 - 5:00 P.M. Monday -Friday

At this time we are not meeting at Sweet Home LBCC Campus due to the school being closed. You can contact the office to schedule an appointment in Albany.

Phone: 541-967-3882, 800-319-3882
Fax: 541-928-3517

Click Here to send an email


What is the County Veterans Service Office?

It is an office established by the Linn County Board of Commissioners to assist Veterans and their dependents in obtaining benefits from Federal and State agencies.

Where is it located?

The office is located at 330 SW Third Ave., Albany, OR 97321. You may call (541) 967-3882 for further information. Appointment hours are 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is always best to call for an appointment. Home visits are available when needed.

Can the Veteran's Service Office assist you?

Yes, if you are a veteran, widow/widower of a veteran, a child of a deceased or disabled veteran, or a parent who lost a son/daughter in the military service and you have questions regarding compensation, pension, school benefits, life insurance, medical treatment, home loans, Oregon State benefits, burial benefits, and vocational rehabilitation. The Veterans Service Officer will be able to give you information and referral for hospitalization, outpatient medical and dental treatment, home nursing care and chore service, alcoholism and drug dependence treatment, employment and/or unemployment compensation, Small Business Administration, discharge upgrading and record revision, and home loans.

How can the Veterans Service Office help me?

They can provide you with information and assistance with any claim to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. (formerly the Veterans Administration.) Veterans are helped with compensation for service-connected disabilities, pension for non-service-connected disabilities (this program requires wartime service, income limitations, and a medical disability which meets VA guidelines), medical treatment at a VA hospital or outpatient clinic, education benefits, home loan information or application for a "certificate of eligibility." Widows and dependent children can be helped with dependency and indemnity compensation (DIC), widows pension if the veteran served during wartime and income limitations are within guidelines, proceeds from VA Life Insurance policies, and education benefits. Dependent parents can be helped with death compensation and proceeds from Government Life Insurance policies. Recipients of VA pension are encouraged to seek assistance by bringing their annual Eligibility Verifications Reports (EVR) to the County Veterans Service Office. The service office will be able to offer new ideas and help you to get the maximum benefit due you.

How does your Veterans Service Office function?

Your service officer is trained in VA benefits. They will assist you with submitting your claim to the VA and will provide follow-up service, if needed, to determine that you received benefits to which you are entitled.

Veterans Service Officers are NOT Veterans Affairs Employees.

They are Linn County employees recognized as trained accredited representatives within the State of Oregon.